Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Nagoya Skyline

Sometimes being away from home makes you thankful for the strangest things.  Do you think I'm losing it when I say:  I'm thankful for underground power lines?  I had never thought to be thankful for that before, but here are just a few reasons why I am grateful for underground power lines:
There are views like this and the following, all around Nagoya.
There are many of these, but I've never seen two alike.
I guess I should also be thankful for cell phone towers
that are camouflaged like trees.
Literally, almost everywhere you look!



These are creative.

Atop nice buildings
Ditto

Ditto Ditto



















Even near beautiful, historic parks, there they are!  
Note the walls and mote of Nagoya Castle, and---towers.

Lee and I go past this water tower and too many power lines to count
 three mornings a week on our walk. 


It's amazing they can have a parade around them all! 



































But then I remember a couple of photos my friend Joan Caldwell sent me, and it reminds me it could be much worse.  This is India:




Finally, here's a beauty shop name for you:  Miracles Arm Sin.  Please let me know when you figure out why they named it that.

No comments:

Post a Comment