Last December, our wonderful 79 year old Ever Ready battery, Sister Kondo, arranged an opportunity for us to see more fall leaves, visit some shrines or temples, experience some new foods, and see something that I hadn't known existed: a variety of sakura tree that blossoms in winter. (It was December 1st!) The blossoms are white, and the trees are planted among Japanese maples, which are bright red. We also went to a place where they make paper, and it is some of the most beautiful paper I've ever seen. We had another great P-day.
Just too many good photos, and I'm only putting in about 1/20th of them. So here we go again.....
 |
| Add caption |
 |
| I think this looks like a painting. It was so very pretty. |
 |
For lunch, Sister Kondo surprised us with homemade
Bentos. They were absolutely delicious. |
 |
| There is beauty all around.... |
 |
| Let us know if you need some new brooms--we can buy them for you. |
 |
| Last stop: a handmade paper museum and workshop. We may be going back here to try our hand at paper making. |
 |
This picture doesn't show the exquisite beauty and detail. But I loved it and some other very large
paper art they had on the walls. I asked where I could purchase from this artist.
They made a phone call and we were invited to his studio, just a short walk away.
What a treat. It was so amazing to watch him work and to see more of what he had done, |
 |
| This is paper pulp, ready to be made into something beautiful. |
 |
This is the artist at work in his studio. He is putting the blossoms on the sakura tree, one tiny petal at a time.
So many hours of work! (And his prices reflected that!) |
 |
| In his studio, enjoying every intricate detail. These were like nothing I had ever seen, and very tempting. |
 |
| One of my favorites. |
 |
| It was really fun to meet a successful paper artist. |
No comments:
Post a Comment